Yankee Heritage Tole Chapter Membership
The Yankee Heritage Tole (YHT) Chapter is an affiliated member of the International Society of Decorative Painters (SDP). Our purpose is to provide a gathering place for members to take part in decorative painting meetings and events. We are chartered to help the community by working with various charities and through decorative arts education.
Membership of the Yankee Heritage Tole chapter is open to anyone who is interested in decorative painting and is a current member of the Society of Decorative Painters.
YHT Membership application
To become a member of the YHT chapter, please download the YHT membership form, fill it out, and send it with your payment to the membership chair listed in the form.
SDP Membership application
SDP membership info can be found at the following link:
Code of Ethics for Chapters of the Society of Decorative Painters
As members of a chapter of the Society of Decorative Painters, our purpose, in common with that of the Society, is the promotion of decorative painting. To this end we pledge ourselves to support the goals and purposes of the Chapter and the Society and:
- TO keep the lines of communication open with fellow Chapter and Society members, respecting one another and following the appropriate lines of communication.
- TO have a positive and open attitude, listening to fellow members’ opinions.
- TO remember the importance of an active membership, contributing our time and talents.
- TO maintain high standards of integrity and honesty.
- TO respect the rights of each member individually, and the right of the majority to govern; therefore, supporting the decision of the majority, regardless of how we personally voted.
- TO support and cooperate with the leaders who serve the Chapter, respecting the time and dedicated service of past leaders, and when completing our terms as officers, relinquishing our responsibilities cheerfully to support new leaders.
- TO promote a friendly Chapter environment where Chapter members motivate and inspire one another, and where differences of opinion are accepted without a need to continue to discuss past differences.
- TO accept and respect the varied reasons members have for Chapter membership and the varied skill levels they represent.
- TO remember the Chapter is not a business and should not be used either to promote any specific individual or business or to create business for itself, thus competing with members who are in business.
- TO realize the conduct and activities of the Chapter and its members reflect on the entire Society of which the Chapter is a part.
As members of the Chapter and of the Society, we acknowledge this code of ethics as an
expression of our determination to maintain high professional standards.
It is only the conscience of the individual who subscribes to this code that can guarantee its effectiveness.
Chapter Bylaws & Standing Rules
An electronic copy of the Yankee Heritage Tole chapter standing rules, standing committees and bylaws are available to any member in good standing. Contact us for a copy.